Proper construction waste management reduces the risk of sediment runoff and worksite accidents and increases your revenue and reputation via recycling and proper disposal.
Valor Environmental will work within your existing SWPPP or create our own to draft a construction waste management plan that suits your budget and needs.
From planning and documentation to rolling out orange fencing and separating bins by waste type, Valor Environmental will ensure no construction waste material is left undisposed or in an improper container.
5-Point Construction Waste Management Plan
Valor Environmental will evaluate your current construction waste management strategies to recommend improvements based on our experience and BMPs drafted by the EPA. This inspection extends to all participants on your worksite, including contractors and subcontractors, to draft an appropriate policy that all stakeholders can follow.
Valor Environmental will document all processes to include in your construction waste management plan, as well as procedures to report offenders who do not follow documented rules.
Communication and Training
An essential aspect of any SWPPP plan is proper communication and training. Valor Environmental will work with management to properly communicate waste management procedures and clearly label proper receptacles to dispose of materials before they wreak harm on or off your construction site.
Construction Waste Management Strategies
Valor Environmental will recommend and implement proper waste management BMPs across your site to kickstart the process of responsible waste management. Some examples include:
- Using orange fencing to trap loose debris–orange fencing is also bright and easily visible.
- Disposing of materials in smaller and covered receptacles that reduce the risk of loose debris.
- Drafting procedures to properly stockpile and store materials when not in use.
- Drafting procedures to properly stow and dispose of materials after each workday.
- Separating recyclables based on their material construction.
- Conducting inspections of all waste disposal equipment to ensure proper compliance.
Drafting and Revising Your Waste Management Strategy
With appropriate documentation and training in place, Valor Environmental will draft a repeatable procedure that you can post to your SWPPP and train your staff with.
Not only will we draft a one-time procedure, but we will also offer continuous consulting services throughout the construction project to ensure proper quality assurance and control.
Construction Waste Management Service Locations
Valor Environmental provides construction management consulting to construction sites in nine different states, including:
- All Major Florida Metros
- Southern Alabama
- Houston; Austin; and San Antonio, Texas
- Atlanta Metro and Savannah, Georgia
- Charlotte, Raleigh, Triad, North Carolina
- Columbia, Greenville, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Southern Mississippi
- Indianapolis, Indiana